Black mold and the correct remediation tips, looking for the right way to remove mold How to effectively remediate black mold and mildew in Framingham.
Living with mold can be harmful to one’s health. Black mold can grow in the lungs and attach itself becoming a problem to the body. The immune system can break down and even mold has been known to be found in the blood stream.
The Top How To Clean Black Mold From Concrete Walls in Framingham MA (617) 249-7545
Also one should be aware of the symptoms: So many symptoms are common in mold and colds. A mold symptom can be similar to a flu. Both will affect the immune system and cause problems to the body.
Toxic Black Mold Removal Tips and Tricks from the Pros
Mold: it's everyone's worst enemy. So what should you do when you discover that you have a problemin your home?
Most people tend to think that you can take care of the problem yourself. With so many mold removal "How To" articles on the internet, if you're brave enough, you might just go for it. Unfortunately, most people do not have access to proper protection gear or even proper removal disinfectants. Well what about bleach? Unfortunately, the notion that bleach kills fungus is false. Bleach merely "bleaches" the color out while the roots remain intact and continue to grow. Furthermore, you need to do more than just kill it, you have to remove it.
To remove mold, a series of steps must be taken with great safety. From properly removing the fungus and the affected surface to proper disposal (even dead fungus gives off volatile organic compounds and is a potential allergen). For example, a common misconception that consumers come across is that you can effectively remove mold from your bathroom tile. Again, most so called mold killers commonly available on the market are made of bleach. Truly, the only way to remove the fungus from your shower stall is to completely remove the grout and re-grout the tile with a new application.
If you have a small mold problem, then perhaps removing it yourself is the best choice for you. If you do decide to remove mold by yourself, be sure to wear a proper respirator or mask especially made for mold spore protection, as well as eye protection and industrial rubber gloves. Also, keep in mind that the clothing you are wearing will need to be washed immediately after your procedure. If, however, you have a sprawling mold problem, like black mold growing around all of your windows, as well as in your bathrooms, it would be wise to contact a mold removal company. Mold is not only unsightly; it poses health risks as well such as severe headaches, fatigue, sinusitis and asthma to name a few. Taking care of your mold problem today will lead to a happier and healthier tomorrow.
Mold Removal - Can I Take Care of Mold by Myself?
Depending on the type of mold you are dealing with, and where it is located, mold removal can be a straightforward or tricky problem. Mold can sometimes grow in hidden areas, and before it can be removed it must be tracked down through investigation or mold testing. Often it is behind walls, under carpets or in other inaccessible areas, which makes the task of removing it that much more difficult. If it is a particularly dangerous type of mold, such as Stachybotrys, or black mold, then removing it is a job best left to professionals. Improper handling of black mold can cause the spores to become airborne, and possibly be breathed in by you or a member of your family.
Before mold can be removed, the source of moisture that the mold thrives on must be stopped. Otherwise, the mold removal process will be in vain. Roof or plumbing leaks are often the culprit, and these must be repaired. If the event was a flood, then often the process is to cut away the affected areas of wallboard, carpet, paneling, etc. The area should be dried with a dehumidifier or heat source. The use of high powered fans is not encouraged as these can lift the spores and spread them throughout the home. If the source of moisture is condensation, the solution is more complex, as this is a recurring problem that needs to be solved before the mold can be tackled. Sometimes it can be an improperly tuned air conditioning system that needs to be adjusted.
Professional mold removal is an expensive proposition for most homeowners. However, mold growth left unchecked can lead to serious health consequences for you and your family. It is important to treat the problem of mold as a very serious one, and to take the right steps in eradicating it from your home. The implications for your health are too serious to ignore. If you suspect you may have a mold problem in your home, then get mold testing done and if needed, professional mold removal. The benefit to your health will be well worth it.